Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quick photo session

When I don't go anywhere with the camera for the day, I have to look for subjects close to home. This usually ends up being flowers, because they are pretty, easy to photograph, and out in my yard. So today I thought I would show people thinking "maybe I can do this photo a day thing, maybe I can't, I don't know" just how simple it is. I took all these photos in 9 minutes. Click for a bigger pic.

So this was just a quick take some pics to get it done today shoot, and there's probably photos there that I could use for a few days. It depends on what rules you have set for yourself with this photo a day.

I tend to put aside extras for days when I don't get a chance to take pics. Sometimes it happens, you know? Life happens. For me it's about using the camera, trying shots in another way, using a manual setting instead of automatic to experiment with what I get, stuff like that.

I have some photography aims for next year.

- I'd like to take some photos of cows. How one does this, I am not sure. I don't know how I feel about just walking up to Farmer Bob's field and snapping like a paparrazi. I might have to go to a sale day at the cow yard, or a show day, something like that.

- I would like to find the perfect cow face. It's got to be the image I have in my mind. I then want to photoshop that cow into other pics.

- I'd like to take a photo of a road at night time, with a moon rising above it, and then shop a cow into the middle of the road. But this might be tricky with lighting. It'd be good without the cow anyway

- more night photography

- time lapse images

- the moon and waves shot. I want to make my own version. I know this is two pics shopped together, it is actually not possible to take this photograph, but I think I can make something similar which I'm happy with.

No comments: